Saturday, November 21, 2009

Best Way to Spend Halloween

I was scrolling through the very small number of postings on this blog and tripped across the one from Halloween last year. It seems my ho-hum attitude about Halloween has actually gotten progressively worse. How can that be? Well, this year I completely gave up on trick-or-treaters.

The boys were all at the other house, which left a Saturday night alone for Tom & me. Now why would I spend that hopping up and down answering the door? The answer is, I didn't. Tom and I put two big bowls of candy out on the porch with a sign to take some and then went out for a nice dinner and a movie. It's the most enjoyable Halloween I've had since I was a kid. Oh, and the bowls were completely empty when we got home so that eliminated the possibility of my snacking on candy for weeks afterward. This may well become a tradition. :)